Today Marc is joined by Tom Morkes, the CEO of Insurgent Publishing. Tom started exclusively providing free content for his audience and used that relationship to successfully launch his products and the products of others. Tom has helped launch products such as Hustle by Neil Patel and Patrick Vlaskovits, The 7 Day Startup by Dan Norris, and a whole lot more.
Marc and Tom sit down to hear Tom’s journey, driven by the idea that he wanted to do creative work and not be dependent on anyone. Traveling freely with a full-time income from digital products struck a cord with Tom.
Starting with a simple eBook, Tom made sure he created something of value, and through referral, grew his business exponentially. We are lucky to have Tom share some of his best insights and motivations with us. Listen in to figure out how to crush it with your next launch.
Key Links from the Show:
www.tommorkes.com - Personal Site - Free courses
http://insurgentpublishing.com/about/ - Tom’s company
- To weigh the upsides vs. the downsides of a venture
- to develop a skill set to make your company peerless
- Tom’s advice from breaking through
- 3 tips for product creation and launches
- Why recruiting affiliates is so important
- To always validate/beta test a product